I never realized how important a diaper was until I had a child myself. I knew they were important because they carried stuff, but I had no idea that it would be like a parenting lifeline. I never knew how much I would rely on it when we are out and about- or how many items I was going to have to stuff inside of it!
When I did my baby registry while I was pregnant, I registered for this diaper bag that was very cute but not at all functional. It was so tiny. I could barely fit anything inside of it! Everything was constantly spilling out and over the top. If you are a germaphobe like me, stuff touching the ground because it’s falling out of your diaper bag is a HUGE PROBLEM.
We go to so many therapy appointments and doctor’s offices that I quickly grew sick of this problem. So I started searching for a new one. My search was not an easy one because I was looking for something that was cute, could be worn as a backpack, had plenty of space, and plenty of pockets to help me keep everything organized. One day I was scrolling through my favorite social media source (IG) when I found my soon-to-be new diaper bag! I fell in love with the way it looked instantly. My love only grew once I started looking into them more. All of the Lily Jade bags meet all of my diaper bag requirements, it was just a matter of choosing which one I liked best!
I went with the Rosie bag in camel and gold. The color literally goes with everything. My favorite thing about the bag ended up being something that I didn’t think it would be- the zippers. The bag is so well made that the zippers are just amazing. It is weirdly satisfying how well they work. I can easily zip and unzip it with one hand, even when Easton is squirming in the other. Who knew a zipper could make me so happy? It’s the little things in life! haha
Another one of my favorite things is the organizer insert that comes with it. It has so many pockets that everything I need has a place. It keeps all of my #diaperbagessentials. I had no idea what would end up being my essentials at first. I never would have guessed some of them in the beginning. So here is my list of things that are essential to surviving (my version of) motherhood.
1. Super Coffee– Seriously, it’s that good. It’s healthy. It has protein and MCT oil. It keeps me going when I’m exhausted.
2. Diapers & wipes- We use cloth diapers usually but I pack Pampers in my diaper bag because they aren’t as bulky.
4. Spill proof cups from Munchkin. These are by far my favorite sippy cups that I have found so far. They are easy for Easton to hold on his own because the straw has a weight at the end. No matter what angle he holds it, the straw follows the liquid because of the magnet, so he always gets whatever liquid is in the cup. I also always make sure to ONLY give him straw cups because the other sippy cups have found to be prohibitive of speech development. Drinking out of a straw is great for oral motor skills!
6. Cart and high chair cover- ours is from Cradle Plus. I really like this cover because it folds up really small. It isn’t heavy and doesn’t take up a ton of space in my diaper bag. It’s also super cute! It could double as a breast feeding cover. I also used to use it to cover his infant car seat. The one we have was really decently priced and worth every penny!
7. Table Toppers– I am that mom that literally cringes and my stomach starts hurting when I see babies eat off the tables at restaurants. I’m not saying that I’m judging, but I am saying that since having Easton I am a complete GERMAPHOBE. I will totally own it. I stress over it. I’m trying to get better at it- definite work in progress.
Anyways- Table Toppers from Neat Solutions are a complete necessity to me. I carry a bunch around (they take up barely any space) with me all the time. When we go somewhere to eat I quickly put one on the table. All you have to do is take the sticker off the back of the top and bottom of it, then stick it to the table! Voila- clean eating space for your baby. I always think that I wouldn’t want to eat my food directly off the table at a restaurant, so why would I want Easton to?? They also are not expensive. I bought one pack and am no where near close to having used even half of them yet.
8. Nose Frida– because you never know when life is going to get snotty.
9. Doterra On Guard Sanitizing Mist to sanitize stuff and our hands- I told you I was a germaphobe. Plus I like the way it smells, and that it isn’t toxic. It’s also really well priced.
10. Bib- I like the bibs that have the “catch all” part at the bottom. Easton loves to feed himself, but he is definitely still a little messy. These bibs are lifesavers. My two favorite ones are from OXO Tot and Kiddo Feedo.
Other things include- change of clothes, wallet, car keys, phone- you know, the things we need for every day life!
My Lily Jade bag holds it all, and it’s cute. What more can you ask for?